Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Post a Day July 2014 Number One

Three Facebook groups on writing, a post a day on each for the month of July, combined and posted here as well. 

Small Stone, July 2014 First 

Heat of Summer is upon us. 
90 would be a fine age to attain
90 fahrenheit not a good temperature to gain


July Writing Project - A Poem A Day - Day One

The tastes that my mouth now crave?
More often than not an emotional wave.
Summer in my youth always held
fresh produce from the garden and shelled
peas that are crisp and warm, eaten raw
still transport me. Tasting of earth and sun,
a fleeting sensation of gastric fun.


First Noticing July 2014

Awakened to the comforting weight on me, my personal guard in the form of the cat Smokie. Private message awaiting on the computer, will receive gift of just ripened gooseberries from my friend and his wife tomorrow. The berries are a gift, the friends more so - I have known them 40 years or more. Feeling a deeper satisfaction now, pleased to leave the turmoil of last week behind. Ideas for writings are bubbling again, always a good thing. Many blessings sent and many received.

No comments:

Post a Comment