Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

A Post a Day July 2014 Number Eighteen

Three Facebook pages on writing, a post a day on each for the month of July, combined and posted here as well.

Small Stone, July 2014, Eighteenth

A stone from the roadside, bone from an animal carcass tossed in the trash, a broken bit of glass - and the dream of what could be. 


July Writing Project - A Poem a Day - Day Eighteen


My spirit longs to soar to heights
before just a dream
To travel to a distant land
discover sights unseen
My body here at home does toil
firm on native soil
Some may think me foolish - naive 
when fantasies I weave
I care not for their view of me
for just a shell they see
The miracle of who we are 
is written on a star
And scatters down like fairy dust
across Earth's fragile crust
'Tis our quest, our lot, in life
when mundane things are rife
To make a choice you know
which seeds to plant and grow
I just opt to add a bit 
of magic and not quit


Eighteenth Noticing, July 2014

we, the human race, are diminished 
by hate daily - I weep


No comments:

Post a Comment