Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Post a Day July 2014 Number Twelve

Three Facebook pages on writing, a post a day on each for the month of July, combined and posted here as well.


Small Stone, July 2014, Twelfth

Sounds in the night do not awaken me -
(high percentage of hearing loss in my left ear from multiple infections as a child)
I tune out the intrusions by sleeping on my right side!


July Writing Project - A poem a Day - Day Twelve

On Dreaming 

In sleep I journey near and far
To backyard shrine and distant star

I take in stride each sight and sound
Many sought after adventures abound

No limits exist: body left in my bed,
Any conveyance is found in my head

I speak any tongue and hear them as well
Marvelling at exotic taste and smell

When I return, awake and  refreshed
I find deep concerns have been addressed

Debate there may be  by scholar and scribe
Differing beliefs by nations or tribe

But no other tenet I find I subscribe
Than that which in my own heart does abide

These grand adventures and serious queries
All my souls yearnings and personal theories

Are fulfilled and explored - not restrained
All of life's grand mysteries are explained

At night when in slumber I take to my bed
And escape to that universe contained in my head







Twelfth Noticing, July 2014

slept through the full "super" moon
my gift from goddess?

No comments:

Post a Comment