Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Post a Day July 2014 Number Twenty-Four

Three Facebook pages on writing, a post a day on each for the month of July, combined and posted here as well.



Small Stone, July 2014, Twenty-fourth

After weeks, I made the tough decision, and can rest. Truth be told, the die had been cast, it was only my stubborn refusal to read the answer that created my inner turmoil.



July Writing Project - A Poem a Day - Day Twenty-four 

(six lines of reflection on the now)

Life stirs early this summer day
Already outside are kittens at play
Aromatic coffee sipped from mug
Watch through the window bird and bug
News tells of murder, mayhem in mumbles
Washer swooshes and dryer tumbles

(six lines trying to answer how)

How to make a life in an age so chaotic?
Savor the daily - embrace the exotic.
Be anchored in earth - soar to the sky.
Live each day in full - mood low and high.
Love until satiated - then love some more.
Know the game is the thing - not the score.



Twenty-fourth Noticing, July 2014

I journeyed far in the night, and returned safely from my slumbers, I am more at ease in me today than I have been for a long time. I like this feeling,

No comments:

Post a Comment