Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Post a Day July 2014 Number Twenty-Seven

Three Facebook pages on writing, a post a day on each for the month of July, combined and posted here as well.


Small Stone, July 2014, Twenty-seventh

Seven Word Sunday w/ Stop. Listen! What's that sound?

Horns flourish. Sunday television addiction is airing.


July Writing Project - A Poem a Day - Day Twenty-seven 

I look at my reflection-
You look at me.
Are we expecting perfection?
Who do we really see?
I have never been a girly-girl,
Makeup I eschew.
My hair can't decide if to curl.
My feet? Just grew and grew.
Comfort over fashion,
My rally cry with passion.
Manly hands and fingers long -
Stout legs, once firm and strong.
This external inventory -
Just a fraction of my story
It shows not my heart or mind,
If I am cruel or kind.
Or how tears cloud my vision
When facing moral decision.
I am comfortable being me.
A long fought battle. You see
the end result not the how.


Twenty-seventh Noticing, July 2014

Writing is a compulsion, an obsession, an explosion of (to borrow from a frequent line from a favorite television series) the bigger on the inside into the smaller on the outside. 






No comments:

Post a Comment