Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

A Post a Day July 2014 Number Seven

Three Facebook pages on writing, a post a day on each for the month of July, combined and posted here as well. 

Additionally, two of the three now have writing prompts, or challenges, for the remainder of the month. The posts for Small Stones will follow the prompt : Stop, Listen, What's That Sound? The posts for A Journey of Mindfulness will follow the challenge : Imperfect Ten Writing Challenge.


Small Stone, July 2014 Seventh 
Stop, Listen, What;s That Sound? 


In the wee hours of the morning, I hold my breath to be sure I am hearing the quiet whoosh whish of my husband in slumber and not the echo of my own. breathing, Once I am assured he is sleeping deeply and well, I exhale, snuggle closer to him, and drift back to sleep.





July Writing Project - A Poem a Day - Day Seven 



Come away a while with me
Leave this mess behind
We shall see what we can be
Adventures we shall find

Unicorns and fairy folk
Will be our guides I'm sure
Be sure to wear your woolen cloak
The path leads through the moor

Bring a snack along as well
Tucked in your ample vest
Perhaps a trinket too we'll sell
Or give as grateful guest

We shall need both tent and kettle
For frequent stops and rests
Camps may harbor stinging nettle
And other loathsome pests

What's that you say
You think you'll pass
Too high a price to pay
Then refill my empty glass
And I'll be on my way

~Ellen Apple, 07 July 2014


Seventh Noticing July 2014 
Imperfect Ten Writing Challenge 

The moon followed me home from work last night again 


No comments:

Post a Comment