Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Post a Day July 2014 Number Thirty-One

Three Facebook pages on writing, a post a day on each for the month of July, combined and posted here as well.

Small Stone, July 2014, Thirty-first

Stop. Listen! What's that sound?

In the early hours, as darkness cedes to light and an unseasonable chill has settled on my room, the sound of my own breathing and the hiss of water heating in the coffee maker. Putting on my slippers, I walk in my groggy fog to the kitchen and pour a cup of that magic elixir. As I settle into my recliner and pull a quilt around my shoulders, the soft footfalls hurrying down the hallway herald the arrival of my morning companions. As the cats curl up on my feet, I open the laptop and hear the soft mechanical purr of cooling fans, whispering in the stillness. Soon, the click of my fingernails on the keys is added to the morning symphony.  Another day is upon me. All is well at Little Beaver Creek.



July Writing Project - A Poem a Day - Day Thirty-One

I shall not write the words that say
what lies upon my heart.
Locked away the teardrops stay,
nevermore to start.
Stubborn heart - refuse to weep.
Stoic in the task.
Dreadful secrets so to keep -
(determined not to ask)
Foolish girl! (whisper away
I hear it in my head)
Lest the thought will wander - stray
Or even dare be said.
I shall love you 'til I die -
Through truth and even lie.





Thirty-first Noticing, July 2014

Imperfect Ten + 3 

Day has come Night is done I lost some (Battles) Some I won

No comments:

Post a Comment