Pages

Friday, October 7, 2016

31 days to a kinder me. Day 7.

Attitude is not just an internal mindset. Attitude begins in your mind, and communicates in so many ways with others. Attitude shows. 

In the tilt of a head, in the raise of an eyebrow, the hint of a smile, a furrowing of the forehead, slumped shoulders, sighs, tone of voice, stressing certain words or syllables. Myriad ways and varied degrees. Attitude shows. 

It all starts in your head. It is a matter of intention. A small thing that makes a big difference. If I go into a situation expecting turmoil and strife, I am probably going to find turmoil and strife. 

If I have an attitude of calm - peace - confidence I am going to have a more positive and affirming experience. It can be difficult to be in good attitude. But unpleasant situations are not improved by discord and pettiness. 

I can be a kinder me by having a better attitude and not always expecting the worst. This brings to mind something I saw on Facebook: Congratulations. As of today, you have survived 100% of your worst days.

Think about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment