Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

31 days to a kinder me. Day 12.

When I try to force events to match a narrative I have already settled on in my mind, I am doing a disservice to myself as well as others.

It is not kind to expect life to work in a prescribed way just because it fits an internal pattern I think would be best. I tend to be selfish and self centered. I do not think I am alone in this either. Sometimes the kindest thing I can do for myself is to just let things be. Not try to force the matter. 

We are all in this together. What best suits my inner narrative is not necessarily the best for other people. The kind thing to do is strive for balance, and know that things are not always going to be my way. 

Balance. Compromise. Understanding.

Kindness.


No comments:

Post a Comment