Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

31 days to a kinder me. Day 30.

We tend to get all caught up in the "right" game, or at least I do. Pontificating and postulating, expounding and exhorting. People love to tell others what to do and how to do and when to do. We are all experts on how others should think, eat, dress, vote, procreate, talk, think ---- live. Nevermind that our own lives are less than perfect, that our families are a mess and our finances are in a shambles. We have experience. We have knowledge. We have the benefit of being on the outside looking in. 

All the while that soul on the receiving end only needs to be heard. To be attended to with care and grace and gentleness. They know we cannot fix their problems, heal their wounds. They only crave a soul connection, a respite from their trials to regroup and recoup and rekindle their hope and stamina. They only need kindness. I know I do. I only want that sympathetic, empathetic attention to shore me up and help propel me forward. 

Kindness costs nothing and delivers much. Opinions are as plentiful as people willing to give them. 

Be kind. That is all. Be kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment