Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

31 days to a kinder me. Day 5.

What are the things that I use as excuses to not be involved - engaged - participatory? 

Do what you can ... I cannot change the world. I cannot single-handedly eradicate war, poverty, hunger, and disease. I cannot single-handedly heal the planet. But there is much I can do. I can be loving, compassionate, kind, generous, patient. I can be a good steward of my resources, and my immediate environment. 

I can be the person I would like to be friends with. I may not have everything but what I do have I can use to my best abilities.

I can help a friend, a neighbor. I can offer a smile, hold open a door, pause instead of rushing in front of a fellow shopper. 

I can drop my spare change in a donation jar, round up my debit/credit purchase to give to CMN, buy the 2 for 1 specials and give the extra canned goods to a local pantry. I can support the efforts of teachers and community leaders to span the gap in the nutritional needs of our future - our children. 

I can be kind, not selfish. We all can. We can do what we can, with what we have, where we are.





No comments:

Post a Comment