Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

31 days to a kinder me. Day 2.

I tend to be blunt in life, always have been. When I was very young my sister would tell our friends that if you really wanted to know how an outfit looked, just ask Ellen.

I do not think that being blunt is a bad thing. Being self-aware is not a bad thing either, and I have learned that blunt and impetuous are not the same thing. Telling my truth is important, but so is doing so in a manner that does not injure others. 

The meme that I have chosen today is blunt. We cannot always change the circumstances of our life. Where we are is a combination of our actions and choices as well as the choices and actions of countless others. 

What I can do - I can create a life in which I make a conscious effort to live in truth, honesty, and do so in a kind manner that does not unnecessarily hurt or impede others. 

I can take that mental pause, asking is there a better way to say this? I can replace a negative word with a positive phrase. I can not say anything, because many times, presence is all that is required, not words. 

I can be a better version of me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment