Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Random Thoughts

This is going to be another one of those random collection of things that have been milling around in my brain.

I feel much better today than I did yesterday. That pleases me a great deal.

All in all, I have fond memories of my years in elementary, junior high, and high school. Richlands was not a bad place to grow up in the 1960's and '70's. 

I have signed on to do the NaBloPoMo for February. The theme is "Relative(s)" [not sure if the email had it plural or not!] On January 9 I blogged a birthday tribute to my mother - should I set about composing similar posts for other people in my life, living and dead, or is that taking the theme too literally? There are only two birthdays I can think of at the moment, but I could be random, or focus on other dates of significance and/or relationships.

I watched a documentary today, "Something Is Wrong With Aunt Diane", on HBO. It triggered a thought process that went something like this:
If she did have an alcohol or drug abuse problem, I can really understand if people in her life were unaware. I have seen that happen more than once. 
I have gone to amazing lengths, and made questionable choices, more than once when I had physical or emotional distress.
How well does anyone really know me? How much impact does my recent and distant past have on my current relationships and how they are conducted?
Why does money seem to always inject an unsavory tone to news stories?

Smokie the cat always wants to curl up and sleep on one of our laps after she has eaten. She is not the first cat I have ever shared a home with, but I do believe she is the most loving.

One of my brothers and his lady friend may come to visit soon. I plan to prepare cubed steak and gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits, and brown sugar pie. The menu is comprised of his favorite foods. I will try to document at least part of the food with the camera, and do a blog post with one or more recipes. 

I think the best thing that has happened to me in the last 12 years was meeting Roger. I wish more people knew him better. None of us are perfect, but he is as close to being perfect for me as could possibly exist.

I used to drink my coffee with creamer and sugar, then switched to Splenda. For the past couple of weeks, I have been using just creamer. I think that artificial sweeteners accelerate or increase my appetite. I have been drinking my hot tea with either honey or unsweetened.

www.NaBloPoMo.com
Nemaste'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment