Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beginnings-Looking Back

www.NaBloPoMo.com
Today is the last day of my grand experiment of participating in NaBloPoMo. The theme for January was Beginnings.

I had vague ideas when the month began of what I wanted to accomplish, writing the blog on a more consistent basis, sharing it more with the world. I did not anticipate what it has become in such a short period of time. 

I have connected on a new level with people because of this, been able to explore a bit deeper some relationships, and solidified in my own mind my viewpoints and positions. 

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday. I made the statement that my goal was to assist others through being a positive element in their lives. Helping others be optimistic, facing their inner lives with honesty, being able to encourage, educate, inspire, edify. These things are very important to me.

I believe that being victorious at life entails a level of awareness of self that is a very painful process to undertake. There are elements to being self aware that are very much private and those elements that are societal. The societal elements necessitate the involvement of others in the process. Now, these others may or may not be cognizant of their role, and we may not be aware of the similar role we are playing in another persons similar process. Sounds complicated? That is because it is.

We are complicated creatures, us humans. We are the yin and yang, the light and dark, the good and evil, the sweet and sour, the agony and ecstasy of the universe. We are capable of divine love and debilitating hate. We crave solitude yet all the while we are seeking out the companionship of others.

The advent of blogs has created a forum that melds together people in a unique and terrifying way. We can now explore our own psyche, and those of others, in a isolated/public manner that poses ecstatic possibilities.

The theme for next month is Relatives. I am going to post more about my biological family, and introduce you to some of my chosen family. You will hear about my sisters-of-the-heart, and learn how they came to be. On the 21st, there will be the most personal and private post I could possibly write. I may at times need to omit actual names, because I do want to honor the privacy of people. I ask respectfully, if you are reading this and do not want your name in any of the upcoming posts that may potentially include you, please let me know. I have the comments section set to send all comments to me for moderation ahead of publication and I may contacted in that manner.

Nemaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment