Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Awake August 2016 - Tenth and Eleventh

Snowy white moth
Grass green grasshopper
Crows cawing in the distance
Early mountain morning

#AwakeAugust

8/10/2016

Duality at daybreak
Metal gray mountains
Silvery blue sky

#AwakeAugust

8/11/2016

Which would you rather be - A cloud or the rain?

Some days I am the cloud, some days I am the rain. Being the cloud means I can filter the glare and being the rain - well then I can refresh and revive the weary.


I sit and gaze out the window at the beauty of nature, admiring the silver glints of cobwebs as the evening sun arrives,dappled by the leaves of a tulip poplar. Sir spiders work shall survive another day. My attention is captured by nature's muse once again.



It is painful, and cathartic, to take a good honest assessment of things. Most relationships don't have winners and losers, do they? Just varying degrees of pain and ecstasy all muddled together until the one overshadows the other.



Butter Rice - Meatloaf - Creamed Corn

Butter Rice is so easy. One cup of rice, one can of condensed French Onion soup, one can of beef broth, sliced mushrooms are optional. In a 9x9 dish, cut one stick of butter in slices and put on rice mixture, cover and bake at 425 for 30 minutes, uncover and bake another 30 minutes.

I make meatloaf easy too - I put all the ingredients in a zipper gallon bag and squish it to combine. I bake it in a pyrex pie pan, along with the rice. If I put the rice in first, then make the meatloaf and put it in, they are done at the same time. 

I am getting more food oriented - one way I can tell the Summer is moving along. 

A miscellany of sorts today, as I sit and ponder the importance of  keeping balance in my life. I have to see to my good, to be able to try to be the positive difference in the lives of others.

I know so, so many hurting people. Emotionally, physically hurting people. 

Wanted to share this (again). The Four Agreements :




And this as I once again say, I have a vision of Earth, healed ... be kind - to yourself and others. It is the greatest gift we can offer and accept. 





No comments:

Post a Comment