Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

Awake August 2016 - Fifth

"I try never to miss a sunrise"
- 81 year old Lula
She inspires me

#AwakeAugust

Sunrise at Myrtle Beach, SC, 07/07/16 Photo credit Rhiannon Smith




Lula made the comment about sunrises early this morning, before 7 AM, probably closer to 6:30. She was just arriving to work - yes work. She is 81 and works at Wal-Mart. If you call store 3480 in Lebanon, VA, she may be the person who answers the phone and asks , "How may I direct your call?" Anyway, my co-worker and I were outside, enjoying a short break, and Lula was just arriving to work. When we told her we often come out for a break about that time, and take in the beauty of the new day, that was when she made her sunrise comment. She also enjoys sunsets. A very wise woman, and a treasure to know.



Friday Frivolity?

(a little lightness to take us into the weekend)

My normal schedule is to get up at 3 AM to be at work at 5 AM.I did not have to work on Wednesday- I woke up at 5 and thought I was late for work. I tried to call the store using the TV remote to tell them I was going to be late. Roger woke up and saw me pressing numbers on the TV remote and holding it to my ear. He thought it was hilarious.
I laughed too - after the adrenaline rush calmed down. I have no problem laughing at myself.


It has rained some here today, a slow, warm, gentle rain. Like the kiss of angels on your skin. 


A Little More Solemn


Today would have been the 60th birthday of my brother-in-law, Oscar Allen Apple. He was laid to rest today instead, in Suffolk, Va. Hail and Farewell, Allen. I hope you, you father, and your son are enjoying getting reacquainted. Know you were loved.





So we close the day, and the week, with a sunset photo from southwest Virginia, photographer unknown.


I have a vision of Earth, healed. Healed with laughter, and tears. Healed through grief, and wisdom. Healed one person, one smile, one kind deed, one loving act at a time.

Will you join me?






No comments:

Post a Comment