Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Week of Gratitude

This is what we need to be able to focus on, not suicide bombings and guns and police/civilian conflicts that escalate too far, too fast. Our Earth, our lives need healing ... and soon.

UN Report says Small Scale Organic Farming ...
Is the Only Way to Feed the World ...

The UN Farming Report ... 
“Wake Up Before It’s Too Late”

The review benefited from the analysis of over 60 international experts, and its key message recommends“…
a paradigm shift in agricultural development: 
from a “green revolution” to an “ecological intensification” approach ... 
This implies a rapid and significant shift from conventional monoculture-based and high-external-input-dependent industrial production towards mosaics of sustainable, regenerative production systems that also considerably improve the productivity of small-scale farmers”

Read GreenAgric's Blog ...
"Food Catastrophe Looms"

Please click on the link below to read the details ...

http://www.greenagric.org/428044727



My Daily Gratitudes
My mother is back home after a week in the hospital. I hear she cried when she came in the front door. I know it is often said, but it bears repeating: Appreciate your family - none of us live forever.
Cats - my indoor cats both know the sound of my voice, and greet me with affection. I think animals help humans stay healthy.
Friends that have empathy and concern. I believe in surrounding myself with as much kindness and goodwill as possible. It helps me balance out the negative aspects of myself.
Books to read, always at my side. I even keep one in the glovebox of my vehicle. Because you never know when you will have a chance to read a chapter or two.
Roger - he brings a deep contentment to my life, and we always say "I love You" several times a day -
Living where I do - having a place and space to sleep that is safe. So many people do not have that gift.
Nekots and coffee and iced tea. . . and cheese.
What are you grateful for today?

Shared from my friend Barbara Cowgill


Humanity would really benefit if people were not so meanspirited. Be Kind - it costs nothing yet is priceless.

07/15/2016

My Daily Gratitudes
I have the most amazing friends - generous, giving, compassionate, kind ...I am grateful for all of them, but especially today I am grateful that life brought me to cross paths with Andrea about 16 years ago. I hope all of you has a friend like her - she had a desire to make a difference in her community, and now a few dozen children will have new backpacks filled to overflowing with school supplies to start their new school year. She saw a need, and she addressed it.
Because of life in general, and Facebook specifically, I have friends in Europe, as well as Australia, Greece, Great Britain, well, pretty much everywhere but China and Korea. I am grateful that I can have relationships without borders, and without language barriers thanks to 'translate' - today I am grateful that as far as I know, everyone is safe from the recent troubles. But oh, how my heart grieves for the lost lives ... especially the children.
I am grateful for salty snacks - Bugles today - and ice cold water.
I am grateful for my job, even on rough days. It was not that long ago I had no income, and that is not a good feeling.
I am grateful for missed opportunities, they teach lessons hard learned and long remembered.
I am grateful that I live far enough out of town to be blessed with a lovely commute home ... though I admit to griping about low hanging fog , oh, about every single morning.
Be kind, friends. Please be kind, our times are crying out for kindness in large and small doses. Earth, and it is one kindness at a time.

07/16/2016

My Daily Gratitudes
I am grateful for hugs - unexpected hugs from dear people I see out and about. I am doubly blessed, because I had two such hugs today ... One as I was going in to work, from Erica - yes, she works with me, but she is still a dear friend, and it helps my day start off so nice when I see her as I go in at 5 AM. I do not get to see her every day, so I am especially appreciative of the days I do. The second hug was just after I had clocked out to come home, and I saw Terri - another one of my AT&T blessings. I had a nice hug from her, she just has one of those joyful countenances that brightens any day, any time.
I am grateful for my ability to "unlax" when I get home from work, spending time with Roger and the cats. We chat about our day, and discuss topics ranging from the mundane to the sublime. Smokie, the black cat, hears my voice and has to have her "rubbings" and Mabon, the calico, sits along the back of my chair and rests her head on my shoulder. We are blessed.
I am grateful that when I married Roger I also gained a sister, Patricia. She is a good person, and has such a heart for the well-being of her family.
I have a vision of Earth, healed. Be kind - it costs nothing and is priceless - just look at the smiles you get in return!

07/18/2016

My Daily Gratitudes
Being led to work this morning by the beauty of a Full Moon. Though the moon is "officially" full tonight, the fullness can be enjoyed on days preceding and following the event. I was glad for her presence this morning, because there are possibilities of rain overnight tonight, which may mean clouds ...
A kind co-worker gave me a full case of 9 Lives cat food for the outside cats. Her cat would not eat it ...
Voortman (sp?) wafer cookies ... they are a flashback food, and remind me of Bible School at church when I was a child. I like the chocolate, though the peanut butter is pretty tasty as well.
Book recommendations from good friends ...I am loving Ink and Honey by Sibyl Dana Reynolds and am glad I bought the companion book, The Way of Belle Coeur, as well. Thank you, Debra.
I have a vision of Earth, healed ... we heal our planet by healing our spirits. Be kind, and kindness will return to you in serendipitous ways. Lagniappes from life. :)

I am just as distressed by the negative comments and posts about both main political parties pretty well equally.
What has happened to civility?
Where is the place for resaoned, polite debate?
I know where it is not - Facebook.
I am in the process of unfollowing some friends. Not unfriending, just unfollowing the bulk of the posts.
For the good of my peace of mind and in hopes of a healthy blood pressure.

07/19/2016


My Daily Gratitudes
I am thankful today, as I sit looking out the window, that there was light traffic and good weather as we travelled to Mountain Home TN today for a medical test.
Very thankful for small graces, today's was being in and out of the VA in less than an hour (four hours is the norm).
Grateful for Krogers, and their store brand coffee.And having the time and money today to purchase a few pounds.
I am grateful for being able to stay alert while driving after getting up at 3 AM and working a short shift.
Thank you Roger for always being able to make me laugh at silly things. Everyone should be gifted with a few uninterrupted hours with your outlook.
I have a vision of Earth, healed. Be kind, it makes anyone's day better, especially your own.


I have a vision of Earth, healed ... for the sake of flowers, help save our honeybees. Be judicious in your use of herbicides and pesticides. I have heard it said that without honeybees, the earth's ability to sustain life would be gone in three years.



07/20/2016

Saturday, July 21, 2012
Life Wearies Me - Or Perhaps It Is Just People
A damaged soul, for reasons that may never be known [ and if known will probably not make sense or be coherent] commits a reprehensible act. Almost before we can process, the crap starts to fly around the blogosphere, drip down the Facebook feed, scream at us from the "news".

Conspiracy theorists. Gun Control. Terrorists.

Cameras and microphones and livefeeds as the friends and families and shattered lives are hounded relentlessly.

Religion and psychology and psychiatry and education reform and media influence and popular culture are all prodded and poked by the talking heads on the television screen, spouting theories and spinning lies and truths into a fabric that will be cut and sewn and ripped apart ad nauseum in the days, weeks, years to come.

Connections are made where it is convenient though implausible. The unscrupulous suck the tragedy dry like insatiable vampires as they desecrate the private pains for their own gains. Why not? they self-justify - my cause, my beliefs, my candidate, my agenda is what really matters.

There is a book  I read about six years ago for the first time that speaks to the idea that we create our own reality. As invincible as we go about life thinking we are, our current incarnation of energy that includes the ability to think, reason, dream, communicate is a very fragile and fleeting thing. Since according to Don Miguel Ruiz we create the reality we walk in each day, why not make it a reality of hope, of joy, of dreams, of possibilities?

I am not naive - one does not get to be 54 years old and go through the events of my life and retain a childlike innocence and naivete. I am firmly committed to the belief that life is about balance, light and dark, good and evil, yin and yang. That being said, we are sentient beings. Why are we (humanity as a whole) not able to function in a manner that is less base? What benefit is history, all the volumes of recorded history, if we continue to repeat the same actions and continue to get the same results?

There is greed, avarice, discord, hatred, cruelty in this world. Life is a cycle, and what becomes ceases to be. There is generosity, compassion, love, gentleness in this world. Life is a cycle, and what becomes ceases to be.

Embedded in the here and now for each of us is a chance to choose, to make a difference that matters in good ways.

Yet once again, when the incomprehensible has occurred, the lowest common denominator rises to the forefront.

Life wearies me, or perhaps it is just people.

My Daily Gratitudes
Yesterday I was grateful for the concept of Kroger's French Roast Coffee - today I am thankful for the reality. I brewed a pot early, about 3:30 AM, and had a cup with my Nekots, then took a cup to work with me. So tasty.
I am grateful that I am giving myself the rest of today off ... yes, I have laundry that begs doing, and house that needs cleaning, but I am weary. So I am going to Facebook play, then nap, then read, then feed people and cats, then read some more.
A smile and hug going out to my Facebook friends that buck the trends and do not repost demeaning "news". There is enough focus on the negatives in life, and I am so thankful for being in the company of so many who carry true compassion and empathy in their hearts.
I have a vision of Earth, healed. Be the friend to others you want to have. Most people will respond to kindness much faster than neediness.

07/21/2016


No comments:

Post a Comment