Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2016

30 days of thankfulness. Day 12.

Roger discovered this amazing short film and wanted to share it with me, and our Facebook family.
It is really thought provoking.

The incomparable Leonard Cohen passed away. I am very fond of his work, especially HallelujahDance Me to the End of Love, and Suzanne.

We also lost Robert Vaughn, such a dashing and debonair actor. He was in the original The Magnificent Seven  as well as The Man from U.N.C.L.E. 

So yeah, this is a pretty disjointed and all over the map post, but I have had [another] one of those days. Was shopping for cat food after work and came across a woman apparently having a severe medical emergency (I think it could have been a heart attack), sprawled across a 50 pound of Kit and Kaboodle while her husband was calling an ambulance. All of a sudden she started to fall backwards and I barely caught the back of her head before she hit the floor. 

Work in and of itself was, shall we say, challenging, today. Let's just say I really earned my pay and the reward I bought myself (brownies - don't judge me!)

The country is still in an upheaval in the wake of the election on Tuesday, and the holidays are bearing down on us fast and furious. Thanksgiving is in 12 days. 

Gas prices are down about .10 here, and we are having our first seasonable cold weather this weekend. Hard freeze tonight according to the NWS. 


So here I sit, having had an average-ish day in my boring life here on Little Beaver Creek and in spite of (or because of) the jumble of happy/sad/stressful/relaxing/inspirational/run-of-the-mill moments that made up my day I am thankful. For Leonard Cohen and Robert Vaughn and the pleasure they brought to so many lives for so many years. I am thankful for thought-provoking short films that at their best make us rethink our opinions and goals. I am thankful for a job that challenges me and the timing that let me be in a position to help that woman from having a concussion added to add to her health concerns. I am thankful for this opportunity to sit and contemplate the complex simplicity of this life I love. 

Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment