Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Posted to Bethowls daughter in response to How Does Your Home Affect and Reflect You?

My house actually extends to my yard.  Roger and i purchased the house and property in January of 2002 and were married in July of that same year.  We have basically rebuilt the house from the ground-up, and it is still a project in process. The interior of the house, the exterior, the yard, our charming little creek, the trees, bushes, flowers, grape arbor, ritual space, all reflect as much of us as we can instill into a place.  The most humbling thing for me is when people have been to the house, and say:how magical, or how peaceful, or I feel so refreshed and restored.
For me, home has to be a place of respite, free of conflict, of harsh emotions.  I connect with the earth there, and the moon feeds and energizes my spirit from the porch. The creek sings, the birds and salamanders and minnows and crayfish have a place to be, the willow and birch and poplar thrive...
I hope my home reflects me, and I sincerely hope I reflect my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment