Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

30 days of thankfulness. Day 13 and Day 14.

Disclaimer: Not my original photo, and not the 'current' Supermoon. But a nice picture, nonetheless - so enjoy. 

I always especially enjoy full moons, and working the schedule I currently have affords me the indulgence of playing hide and seek with Lady Luna on my way to work on a regular basis. Like a silent, graceful dance as she dips and glides, behind tree and hill, only to reappear as I round the next curve. 

I did not write my Day 13. I had every intention, but life - well, actually sleep, happened and before I knew it 3am had arrived and I had to get ready for work. What I had intended to share my thankfulness about on Day 13 was the wee creatures I encounter on a regular basis. Living in BFE as we do, there is always something out and about. Rabbits, opossums, raccoons, groundhogs, skunks, deer, all manner of birds. I hear of coyote and bear, but I never had a verified personal sighting. On a recent morning at work, I was outside at 7-ish on break, I was enchanted to watch a small herd of wrens (and yes, that is the collective noun for wrens) gleaning crumbs and morsels from the area around a buggy corral at WalMart. They are so inured to humans that they went about their feeding and wren-communicating oblivious to me as I stood there watching them, no more that 4 feet away. I was speaking softly to them, encouraging them in their earnest quest for sustenance. 

Today, for Day 14, I am thankful that when I am feeling less than 100% - allergies, and smoke from some severe wildfires in our area have left me feeling 'meh' - I am afforded the luxury and kindness of being able to sleep undisturbed. I believe we heal better when in dreamworlds, travelling out and about in our own private universe of the subconscious mind. 


So as here on the East Coast of the US, as time has slid to another day, I remind you:

There is always something to be thankful for. 

Be blessed, and kind to all of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment